Friday, February 3, 2017

Mom and Me

I love my Mom. She and I do lots of fun stuff together. We used to go to dog shows together and we went to school together and we even did Rally together.
 Now things are a little different. Since my stroke I can't run and move around as easily as I used to, but Mom and I have other things to do together. I help her cook and she says I've gained too much weight over the last few months so now we're dieting together.
A couple days ago Dad said I smelled stinky so when Mom took her shower, she invited me to shower with her. It wasn't exactly fun, what bath or shower ever is, but afterwards Dad said I smelled a whole lot better.
I climb up on Mom's lap every evening and cuddle with her for awhile and in the morning I get on the bed and sleep with my head on her leg. She's always been there for me when I needed her and I want her to know how much I appreciate her.

She had a birthday a couple days ago and a friend gave her some homemade cupcakes. Last night she put extra sprinkles on one and shared it with me. She knows how much I love sprinkles.
 She said that this weekend she and I can go for a little short walk on the trail behind our house. She knew I wanted to go on the big walk a couple weeks ago when all the peeps wore their pink hats but I can't walk that much and she was afraid I'd get hurt. She lets me wear her hat though.
Moms are special peeps and every day we should remember to tell them how much we love them.
Your pal, Fudge 

7 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

You and your mom have such a special bond
Lily & Edward

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Awwwwww, you and your mom have something special going on!!!

rottrover said...

Oh Fudge...moms ARE specials and they are so flexible and able to accommodate to whateffur we need. Me and my mom cuddled today, too, while she read a detective novel.

-Otto. (and Osa who thinks she is the boss of everyone)

rottrover said...

PeeeeeeS: My mom KNEW your mom knitted those pink kitty hats. She almost sent your mom an e-mail to ask her to knit one for her. It looks great on you Fudged!!

-O

Matilda the Boxer said...

Mommas are super special peeps, and her extra special pup needs to treat her right. Your momma has a good pup in you!

Molly the Airedale said...

We love that you and your mom are best buddies, Fudge, and we love your pretty pink hat!

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

We think the showering is a little much as we hate baths, but for cupcakes we might put up with it:)